Friday, October 22, 2010

Abbeville Bound...

I am taking some time off from my real job today and heading about an hour down the road to Abbeville for their Art'Oberfest.

I've never been to Abbeville, but I've heard that it's a quaint little, southern town. In the movie "Sleeping with the Enemy," Julia Roberts character escapes her abusive husband and hides out in a small town. Those scenes where filmed in Abbeville.

The artists are going to be housed in the old livery stable, which looks kind of cool from this photo I found online.



It seems I learn something new from every one of these show I do. The nicest part is the opportunity to go somewhere new, meet new people, and get a chance to sell some of my glass. I feel compelled to keep on creating it, so it's good that occasionally I get a chance to part with some, otherwise we'd have a whole garage full of the stuff by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment