Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wide Open Spaces...


My new kiln was delivered yesterday!

It seems huge to me, especially when compared to my 2 older tabletop kilns. This one came on a semi truck, packed in 2 crates. They delivered it to my husband's office, and then his boss kindly brought it on to the house in his truck. Tim spent time putting the stand together last night, and I found a temporary spot for it in the dining room. Hopefully, I will be able to make room in the garage soon.

It is a beautiful thing...all gleaming stainless steel and rough firebrick. I can't wait until I have a chance to test it out. I still have to coat the bottom with kiln wash before I can fire my first load, but hopefully this weekend. If we really lived in a Toy Story world, I would be worried about introducing it to my other kilns. I know they would both get immediate inferiority complexes. Especially the oldest one, he doesn't even have a digital pyrometers, and his firebrick is a little on the shabby side.






Kiln out of the box.





The stand.





The mess.



More of the mess. Maybe I can get this thing set up completely today. I'd love to have the mess cleaned up soon.

Today, I recruited my daughter to help me at another festival. We are all set up at a local Catholic school's fall festival. Someone that came by the Trillium Show last weekend suggested I do this one, and I agreed to give it a try. So far it is slow and we haven't had many lookers. I guess I gain experience even when it isn't profitable. That's glass half full thinking....


Em looks pretty today!

1 comment: