Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday with the Master Gardeners

 Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you can just have them plant a garden. Robert Brault

 

Saturday was my second time as a vendor at the Greater Greenville Master Gardeners Regional Symposium. I was excited to get the opportunity to go back, because the first time was a great experience for me. 

This time, I went on Friday afternoon to set up and took my time putting things out. They had a whole bunch of volunteer help, and they helped unload my car, had a big cart waiting and even wheeled it into my spot while I moved my car. 

I spent a couple of hours setting up on Friday, so that almost everything was ready to go Saturday morning when we got there at 7:30. I even had some bags and tissue set up for the first sales. It's important in this kind of show to be ready when the first attendees arrive for the breakfast, since they will come into the vendor section before their first class or session.

We would get hit with a wave of shoppers between each of the early sessions. It was really too much for just me and Tim, so thankfully my mother also came to help out. Between sessions, we had plenty of time to regroup, rearrange, put out new stock, look at what the other vendors were offering and just sit and talk.

My booth setup for Master Gardeners Show.

 I also had time this time to hear more about what it means to be a Master Gardener. Being someone with very little natural ability to grow anything, I was really impressed with what these people do to be called a Master Gardener...classes, tests, volunteer service, and many hours of hard work. 

Mom "mans" the booth.

 Tim restocking the pendants.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment