Sunday, December 26, 2010

My Christmas Gifts

For Christmas I asked for a starter kit for enameling metals and an encaustic painting kit. I have wanted to try both of these for quite a while.

The encaustic kit came by UPS on Wednesday, and I couldn't wait to get started. It is an amazing medium, lots of possibilities if I can get the hang of it. Basically, you work with liquid wax, mixed with resin and pigment. The kit came with a hotplate, several tins of wax, wooden panels, brushes, tools, and a hot air gun.

You put the tins on the hot plate and then apply the melted wax on the board. After each coat of wax, you use the hot air gun to fuse the layers together.


The package arrives





















My first attempt...Blue Hydrangeas and Daylilies











My second attempt....Black-Eyed Susans


















No comments:

Post a Comment