Saturday, I worked on creating a couple sunflower pieces.
I have some Spring shows coming up and hope to have new work available by then.
My first piece survived the firing process, but cracked shortly after I removed it from the kiln. I'm not really sure of the exact cause, but suspect thermal shock, even though I allowed the piece to cool for 8+ hours.
I heard a tiny, almost imperceptible click that turned into a hairline crack, and then the piece broke apart in my hands. Oh well, these things happen sometimes, despite my best efforts.
I started again, creating both the large and small pieces pictured here. I let the large one cool all night and all the next day before I opened the kiln. Thankfully, it was very stable by then. I will begin work on the background boards soon. I will post the finished pieces later.