Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Something New!

Before Thanksgiving I got an email from someone I had met at a show last year. She had worked in glass for a while several years ago, but had decided to sell some equipment and glass. She wanted to know if I was interested. I ended up buying a ring saw and some glass. 

I was in the middle of getting ready for a couple of shows, work was really busy and the holidays were coming up, so I didn't really get a chance to play with the saw until the last couple of days. It's so cool! Now I can cut curvy and more intricate shapes. When cutting the glass by hand, I was basically limited to straight lines. I could do some curves, but it wasn't easy. 

Yesterday, I cut out and created some random shapes and then tack fused them to create these whimsical flower pendants. It opens up so many possibilities. It may take quite a few more tries to get the feel for using it. It's not too difficult though. 







1 comment: