Friday, December 2, 2011

Holiday Fair - Day 2 Dawns

We are about to begin the second day of Holiday Fair. This is by far, the biggest show I have done. Thankfully, I had lots of help yesterday, my mom-in-law stayed with me most of the day, my mom came in and out as her work schedule allowed, my dad came in the evening and Tim came after work. 

Just like the small show I've den, this one was busy in small bursts. There seemed to always be someone coming up to the booth, even if they weren't buying, so I spent most of the day standing. For a girl with a job working at a computer all day, it wasn't easy. I truly respect anyone that has a job where they never sit down.

Today looks to be even busier than the first day.  My sister took a day off work and is coming to help us this morning. I don't know what I would do without my wonderful family and friends. There was a lady across from us who came down from Virginia. She sells these amazing old historical photos that she had tints using oils. She was by herself and really couldn't even leave her booth and go to the bathroom. I spelled her once so she could have a break.  Of course, she is a trooper. Many of these folks, travel from state to state and make a living doing this work.


No comments:

Post a Comment