Tuesday, September 28, 2010

And the Oscar Goes to Mrs. McGillicuddy...

Wow! I am so excited!

I found out that the video I submitted a couple months ago to the Paragon Kiln Company Video Contest placed second in the Warm Glass category! I will be getting a $250 gift certificate toward the purchase of a new kiln shortly, and I plan on using it to get a kiln that has a larger firing chamber - bigger tiles and the ability to fire more pendants at once...here I come!

The only requirements of the contest were that the kiln be featured and the artist be in the video. I definitely am not an actor, so I decided to recruit my talented husband - an excellent puppeteer and asked him if one of his many original puppet creations, Mrs. McGillicuddy could star as me.

The email, that notified me I placed, said that they loved my video with "the costumed character"! So I especially want to thank Mrs. McGillicuddy and Tim for their help with this project. I couldn't have done it without them!

My video as well as the other winning entries have been posted on the Paragon website. If you would like to watch the 3 minute video, you can see it at:

http://www.paragonweb.com/VideoInfo.cfm?VID=69

I would also like to thank Arnold Howard and everyone at Paragon Kiln Company for having such a neat contest and for honoring me by picking my video as a finalist!



Mrs. McGillicuddy, starring as me, demonstrates fussed glass technique.




3 comments:

  1. Leisa, I love your video. It is very creative. Mrs. McGillicuddy is amazing, because she has two hands, yet her mouth also moves.

    Also, thanks for your kind comments about Freddy, the wounded soldier.

    Sincerely,

    Arnold Howard
    Paragon Industries, L.P., Mesquite, Texas USA
    ahoward@paragonweb.com / www.paragonweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Arnold.

    Tim is an amazing puppeteer! He creates his own original puppets and then makes them come alive! It is funny to see people interact with them like they are real! On this puppet, he works the mouth and the left hand, and in the video my daughter was working the right hand.

    I will continue to keep Freddy in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Leisa and crew!
    You deserve this.

    ReplyDelete