Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Days of Creation

View from the 10th floor

I haven't done much glass work in the last week or two. I had a work trip to Atlanta at the end of last week. I enjoyed getting to do something out of the routine. I also enjoyed getting to spend the time with my friend and coworker.

We stayed in a hotel that practically sits on the runway at Hartsfield International. It was pretty inside, kind of a late 70's early 80's style - big open atrium, stair stepped floors...reminded me of the Hyatt in DT Greenville. Fortunately, they soundproofed the inside, so we really didn't hear any of the airplanes taking off and landing.

It has worked out well, aside from the decrease in sales, that I don't have any shows scheduled for a while. I've been helping to paint murals in the newly renovated nursery wing at our church.

We have so many super talented people that attend, and one of them is a wonderful interior designer. She has done a great job planning the decor - including creation murals in each room.

I love what she has done with this...very clean designs with the corresponding verse of scripture included. So far, we have worked on only two of the four rooms, but they are coming along really nicely!

The wall in progress.

The verse that will go in the sky on the wall above.

No comments:

Post a Comment