Monday, May 14, 2012

Paper


I like to try new iPad apps, so the other day, I read about an app called "Paper" - I couldn't resist.

It's basically a sketchbook with a minimal set of tools for sketching. The app is free, but only comes with a couple of the tools activated, if you want more tools, color, etc., you pay 1.99 for each new option you want to add.
It really is a fun little app. I like trying to figure out what it will do, how to stretch the way it functions. Learning something like this forces me to think in new and different ways. It allows me to get outside what I usually do and create something new to me. Once you finish a sketch the app allows you to share on various social media sites and save into the photo stream. I've put several of my recent sketches in so you can get a feel for how much fun it can be!
I think it's perfect for quick on-the-go sketches, studies for larger pieces, playing with color. I love the way the colors mix and layer, and the neat watercolor effect you get when using the paintbrush.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment