Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stained Glass

Saturday was a rare day for me. I don't have any impending shows, so I was able to take it easy and do things like clean up my work space. It felt so good to be able to organize my area and my thoughts. I am looking forward to having a little time to experiment and do some of the things That have been percolating in my mind for a while. I did do a couple of small firings on Saturday. I was playing with flat dichroic on a black base with no clear cap. These were 2 of my favorite pieces. They remind me of lovely stained glass windows, I love the geometric patterns and the way the dichroic looks to be softly glowing from within.

This one is a little different because I put a cap of clear glass on it before firing.

As you can see, my work space seems to get pretty chaotic. I bake glass the same way I bake a cake...stuff everywhere. This photo was taken before my weekend clean up and organization. It is much better now...but not for long, I am sure.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment