Monday, October 10, 2011

Christmas Baking in a Very Hot Oven

When I was a child, it seemed like Christmas took forever to arrive - not so much anymore! It really doesn't seem possible that another Christmas season is almost here. It is October!

Now, don't get me wrong, I adore Christmas...everything about it. I love that we have a time each year to pause and reflect on the birth of Christ so many years ago! I am so grateful that He chose to humble himself and become a man. It hurts my brain to consider His humility and the boundless love demonstrated in His death on the cross for me.

I know some people get upset by the slowly expanding length of the Christmas season, but I don't even mind that. More time to celebrate!

I have several shows and events scheduled for this time of year, one at the beginning of November is called the Mistletoe Market and is being held at the Anderson County Museum of Art. After that I have a few other smaller events and then I am doing Holiday Fair for the very first time. It's a big 3 day show at the beginning of December.

So, this weekend, I decided that I'd better get busy and start creating some of the Christmas pendants that I started a few years back. Working on them, kind of reminds me of baking trays of decorated Christmas cookies...cutting the shapes, deciding on the right decoration, putting them in the oven and waiting for the magic to happen.

Okay, the oven is 1550 degrees and the "cookies" are completely inedible...but it's kind of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment