Thursday, April 28, 2011

Put a Bird On It!

I got an email from Interweave publication today with a YouTube clip that I thought was funny. If you've spent any time at Art Festivals, you will understand why. There are birds everywhere, on everything...realistic, cartoony, cloth, metal, felted, printed, wood cut, recycled, upcycled...birds.

People love them and they sell!

If you glance back at previous posts, you'll see that I've created a few myself.

Anyway, the clip is from the television show "Portlandia" - I haven't seen it, so I can't recommend you watch it or anything. It sounds like it's a little out there. I think it was created by a SNL guy - the show "lovingly" skewers the 90's hippie, recycling manic, feminist, enviro wacko, slightly weird culture that is still going strong in Portland, Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment