Friday, June 10, 2011

A Special Request

A friend recently asked me if I could create a whale pendant for her. She has written or is writing a book about a whale...I think, but haven't gotten all the details on that just yet.

Anyway...I just finished the whale pendant along with a few others, and thought I'd post the step by step photos. I am also linking this post to Kristen's weekly Show and Sell.

Step 1 - the image is hand painted on a black piece of glass.

Step 2 - the image is capped with a clear piece of glass and placed on a kiln shelf inside the kiln.

Step 3 - the pieces are brought up to about 1550 degrees for a full fuse, flash vented and then allowed to cool.

Step 4 - once cool, a pendant bail is affixed and the pendant is finished.

Here are a few other finished pendants from this batch.

2 comments:

  1. love the whale and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful! Thanks for linking to my party! Love the butterflies...I'm going to have to get one sometime. Kristen

    ReplyDelete